Dental Health Services
Give Kids Something to Smile About
February is National Children’s Dental Health Month and a chance for you to help your kids brush up on good oral hygiene.
The following tips can help children maintain a great and healthy smile all year long.
- Brush at least twice a day to remove plaque. If plaque is not removed, it can lead to cavities. Brushing can be fun for kids with these free printable tooth brush charts.
- Floss daily. Flossing helps to remove food debris from in between the teeth that a toothbrush can’t reach.
- Eat healthy and nutritious foods and limit the intake of sugary carbonated drinks.
- Visit your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings.
- Fluoride treatments twice a year are very beneficial in preventing tooth decay.
- Sealants can be applied to the chewing surface of the back teeth and premolars. Sealants help to prevent tooth decay.
- Wear a mouth guard during sports. Mouth guards can greatly reduce injuries to the mouth and teeth.
Remember: Take your child to the dentist early age two or three. Avoid bottles and sippy cups in between meals unless it is water. Never, never, never, send a child to bed with a milk or juice bottle. That is a way to rot their teeth.
Where is the Dental Clinic?
It is in a separate modular building to the north of the Washington County Health Department Clinic in Plymouth on 198 NC Highway 45 North. Pines Elementary School is around the corner on U.S. 64.
How Can I Make an Appointment?
Call Kathy Miller at 252-793-1851 or Toll Free at 1-888-388-9208. If your call is made outside of office hours, leave a message and your call will be returned.
What are the Dental Clinic Office Hours?
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Who is Eligible for Services?
Children under 21 years of age.
Note: Children under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Are the Dental Health Services Free?
No. The Clinic accepts Medicaid, Health Choice, and/or dental insurance. If the child does not have any of the above payment methods, a reduced rate can be charged based on family income.
What Dental Services Do You Provide?
- Regular Checkups
- Fluoride Application